No wonder mattress durability is the most common consideration before purchasing a new mattress.
Everyone wants their money’s worth. Right?
Nowadays a large number of people become interested in latex mattresses for their eco-friendliness, breathability, and highly comfortable sleeping advantages. Are you one of them who wants to purchase a new latex mattress? Maybe the first question that comes into your mind is: how long does a latex mattress last?
Don’t worry. Here we are coming with a resourceful article to give you a precise idea about latex mattress durability. Additionally, we put some effective ideas thus you can make the best use of your latex mattress. Undoubtedly these ideas will help you to expand your mattress lifespan.
So, without further ado let’s dive right in…
What is a Latex Mattress?
Latex mattresses are special for their instant responsiveness and excellent temperature regulation quality. A natural latex mattress is usually made with eco-friendly materials for minimal environmental impact. Latex is the main material of this mattress which is actually one kind of rubber.
It is the only material for Natural Latex mattress interior build. Several different kinds of hybrid mattresses are also available with latex foam on top of the supportive coil.
Types of Latex Mattress
We can identify three different types of Latex mattresses that are available in the market. They are separated according to their different manufacturing policy. Let’s discuss each type one by one.
- Natural Latex Mattress: This type of mattress interior is filled up with 100% eco-friendly material Latex. It is a botanical product that is sustainably harvested from the sap of rubber trees. There are some organic cotton and natural wool cam also used for manufacturing natural latex mattresses. This type of latex mattress is considered as the best type of latex mattress for maximum durability, excellent responsiveness, and natural freshness.
- Synthetic Latex Mattress: Synthetic latex mattress is filled with chemical compound base material to intimate the feel of genuine Latex. This synthetic Latex is made from two petroleum-based compounds; styrene and butadiene. The person who has severe Latex allergy can try this type of mattress. But synthetic latex mattresses are less durable than Latex mattresses.These mattresses are comparatively budget-friendly than other latex mattresses.
- Blended Latex Mattress: This mattress is manufactured with a combination of both natural and synthetic latex mattress material. Its durability performance is much better than synthetic mattresses and it is less expensive compared with natural latex mattresses.
How Long Does a Latex Mattress Last?
Latex mattress durability mostly depends on its internal materials. Generally, there are two types of raw materials used to manufacture latex mattresses. One is natural latex and the other is synthetic latex.
Natural latex mattress features a higher level of elasticity which provide quick bounce back and worry-free long lifespan service. You can use your natural latex mattress undoubtedly for more than a decade.
Proper use of the habit can expand its durability for 12, 15, or even close to 20 years. Here we will share those effective using habits which will help you to get a better experience. Stay tuned
On the contrary, synthetic latex mattresses are not much durable as they are made from artificial rubber. In spite of being relatively stable, this artificial rubber is not as resilient as other durable mattresses.
But, the blended Latex mattress which is a combination of both the natural and synthetic Latex mattresses has pretty much better durability. Though a blended latex mattress is not as durable as a natural Latex mattress, it can provide you proper comfortable sleep experience for 6 to 10 years.
When You Should Replace Your Latex Mattress
Generally this activity depends on personal use habits. The timing varies according to individual mattress condition. You have to consider so many aspects for taking the right decision at the right time.
As I can’t give you a particular answer to this question, I will try to give you some common idea that will help to make your decision by yourself. Let’s see some common symptoms of a damaged mattress which indicate you to replace it with a new one.
- After waking up you feel achy and irritated every day.
- Noticeable sag and indentation increasing day by day.
- Development of lumps and bumps on the mattress.
- Get troubled to fall asleep. Where you can easily enjoy your sleep except that particular mattress.
- Noticeable allergy symptom
- Strong and long lasting bad odor.
- Unusual longer impression
If you face these problems with your regular mattress, then you should find a new mattress to replace it ASAP.
It won’t make sense that you replace your high-quality latex mattress just because of a little bit of damage or indentations. Replaceable layers can be a great safeguard for you. If you can unzip the cover, you can easily replace your damage layer with a new one. It is easier and less expensive to implement.
Best Practices to Expand Your Mattress Durability
- Select the best quality mattress: Once you confirm your purchase for a low-quality mattress, you don’t expect much durability from it. So, take your time to confirm the best Latex mattress. Not all the latex mattresses are best with their quality. A certified and well-featured latex mattress is likely to present a comfortable sleep service for decades without sagging. But you have to make sure that your mattress is made from natural latex and has a third-party certification that claims it “natural”. This certification also confirms that your mattress is free from hazardous chemicals.
- Use a mattress protector: There is a proverb that “ Prevention is better than cure”. Here mattress protector does the exact job to keep your mattress fresh and clean from any kind of unpleasant accident. Try to use a waterproof, good quality mattress protector on your mattress.
- Maintain an organized routine to clean your mattress: It is a healthy habit to change your bedsheet every two weeks. As a result, the mattress cannot soak up sweat and body fluids. Otherwise, you will experience unexpected mold, mildew, and odors from your favorite mattress. You can also gently vacuum your mattress for keeping it fresh and odor-free.
- Skip eating practice on bed: Most of the people love to watch tv and enjoy tea, coffee, snacks or breakfast, etc on their bed. But sometimes it creates a big mess on your mattress which can also be a cause for creating molds, bugs, bad odor, and quicker degradation of material.
- Keep caution to consider pets, children, and drunk people on the bed: Have you ever experienced the hassle to clean urine from your mattress? You will never want to face this trouble right? It can also ruin your mattress quality and durability. So consider your pets on their own beds to avoid this kind of situation.
- Follow the manufacture guideline: We always appreciate reading the manufacturer guideline to make the best use of any product. So, make sure you read your mattress guideline before fixing it.
- Keep all the legal documents organised to claim your warranty and free trial service: Nowadays mattress manufacturers keep various advantages like worry-free sleep trial, long-lasting warranty, refund policy etc. Keep all the legal documents thus you can’t be deprived of these facilities.
- Pay attention to avoid bed bugs: Here is another common problem that causes ruin of mattress durability. Here you can learn how to save the mattress from bed bugs. Check it out and take the necessary steps to save your mattress from bed bugs.
- Inspect your bed frame: Bed Frame plays a vital role to maintain your mattress durability. Check your bed frame precisely. If it has weak or broken wood slats, excessive separation between slats, it can spoil your mattress quality. Replace or fix that bed frame to get a good solution.
Latex mattresses are very buyer friendly for their great features as motion isolation, quick bounce-back, heat transfer capabilities, and natural freshness. Hopefully you got the answer to the question of how long a latex mattress lasts. If you have further query about this guide don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section below. We would love to hear from you.
Enjoy your sleep, while you are alive.