An uncomfortable pillow can not only ruin your night, but it will also harm your health. We spend a lot of money and effort looking for the perfect mattress for us, but we often overlook that our pillows have a significant impact on how well we sleep.
Different materials, firmness levels, and heights are available for bed pillows. But when was the last time you considered the contents of your bed pillow and how they affect your sleep?
What are the benefits of using a memory foam pillow? There are seven significant advantages to utilizing a memory foam pillow:
- It keeps its shape.
- It can alleviate back discomfort.
- It can absorb energy.
- It can accommodate a variety of sleeping styles.
- It helps to stop snoring.
- It’s hypoallergenic as well as sanitary.
- It’s long-lasting and low-cost.
Memory foam pillows are very popular on the market, and we’ll look at the benefits and drawbacks of using one in this article.
The Advantages of a Memory Foam Pillow
- Maintains the contours
The real benefit of memory foam pillows is that they maintain the good shapes of the neck and head.
The cushion uniformly distributes weight, relieves pressure, and aids in relieving neck and back pain. As a result, the pillow provides excellent cushioning and support for your upper body, resulting in a more restful night’s sleep.
- It Helps To Get Rid Of Back Pain
If you always wake up with neck or backache, it’s time to replace your pillow.
A memory form pillow gives you the support you need to sleep in the most comfortable position. In addition, it follows the natural curve of your spine, guaranteeing that you have a restful night’s sleep.
If you have neck, shoulder, or back pain, a memory foam pillow can help reduce the aches and give you a fresh start in the morning.
- Absorbent of energy
If you share a bed with a restless sleeper, your nights may feel uncomfortable and appear longer than usual. However, due to its energy-absorbing capabilities, a memory foam pillow will make you feel as if you have the entire bed to yourself.
On a foam pillow, your sleeping partner’s tossing, turning, and restlessness will have little or no effect on you. If your mattress squeaks, the pillow absorbs the sound, allowing you to sleep uninterrupted.
- Adjusts to a variety of sleeping preferences
Memory foam pillows are available in various forms and sizes to accommodate varied sleeping preferences, whether you sleep on your side, back, or stomach.
Foam pillows come in various shapes and sizes, from basic rectangle pillows to curved orthopedic ones for side and back sleepers. A contoured memory foam pillow helps support your neck and the rest of your head if you sleep on your back.
- Snoring is lessened
Yes! Yes, you read that right. Most non-foam pillows raise your head and neck, causing your airways to narrow and producing snoring. However, your air passages remain open while your upper body is aligned with your spine, reducing the risks of snoring.
Your respiratory system remains unfettered as a result of the way the memory foam pillow supports your head and neck, lowering the frequency of snoring. As a result, this cushion is ideal for those who suffer from sleep apnea.
Hygienic and hypoallergenic
Memory foam is made of a synthetic polymer that inhibits the growth of bacteria, fungus, and dust mites, making it a healthier and more hygienic option for everyone.
If you’re allergic to feathers or other natural pillow materials, memory foam will keep you from having to deal with allergies every morning.
- Affordable and long-lasting
When it comes to your sleep, you want a pillow that will last a long time. Because memory foam pillows are denser than normal pillows, they last longer. So you can have one and enjoy your sleep now that they are getting more and more affordable.
While more expensive than standard feather or cotton pillows, a memory foam pillow will provide you with a level of comfort that you may not be able to achieve from other pillow models.
Memory Foam Pillows’ Drawbacks
- Unpleasant Chemical Smell
An unpleasant and unhealthy chemical odor is a typical complaint among memory foam pillow users. It’s not surprising that memory foam has a chemical odor because it’s constructed of a polyurethane and other chemicals. The odor, on the other hand, fades after a while.
- Breathability is hampered
Memory foam pillows retain heat, which can be irritating, and they can make you feel hot and sweaty.
On the other hand, some of these pillows are created with specific air chambers that can assist keep the cushion fresh and pleasant all night. Using breathable pillowcases can also help with this problem.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Memory Foam Pillows?
The following situations are ideal for a memory foam pillow:
- Sleepers who prefer to sleep on their sides demand a taller, firmer cushion that supports their heads and relieves pressure on their shoulders. Memory foam pillows are ideal for this since they maintain the natural contours of the neck and head while providing the necessary support.
- Back sleepers: To sleep peacefully on your back, your spine must be at its natural angle. Back sleepers will appreciate the ability of memory foam pillows to compress in reaction to pressure, allowing them to sink far enough to a comfortable height with relation to the body.
- Sleepers with neck or back discomfort: A memory foam pillow is great for you if you have neck or back pain because of its ability to maintain natural curves and provide vital body support.
Who Isn’t a Good Candidate for Memory Foam Pillows?
- Adults can benefit from the memory foam cushion, but it is not recommended for newborns or small children. It is because children can become trapped in the curves and struggle to breathe.
- Individuals who are chemically allergic Smell: Memory foam pillows are created from various chemicals, which give them a foul odor when they are first purchased. People who are particularly sensitive to odors may experience difficulty breathing, headaches, nausea, and restless sleep due to using this sort of cushion.
- Individuals who are naturally hot at night: Memory foam pillows trap heat while you lie on them, making them an unsuitable choice for those who are naturally hot at night.
What to Look for When Purchasing a Memory Foam Pillow
When selecting a memory foam cushion, keep the following in mind:
- CertiPUR-US certification: Some memory foam pillows have received the CertiPUR-US certification, indicating that they are free of several dangerous chemicals.
- Support: How supportive a pillow is depends on its size, shape, and amount of foam. For example, a thicker, wider cushion may be preferred by those who require extra support.
- Some prefer organic or machine-washable coverings. Before you buy, double-check that the cover is removable and machine-washable.
- Price: Cheaper memory foam pillows may be a better option for folks who aren’t sure if they prefer memory foam. On the other hand, these pillows may not last as long and may not be certified organic or CertiPUR.
- Warranty and in-home trial: A warranty or in-home trial, especially for more expensive pillows, can assist a person save money if the pillow is not a good fit for their needs.
Frequently asked questions:
- What Is Memory Foam and How Does It Work?
Polyurethane is used to make memory foam. This sort of plastic is found in various products, including sofas, mattresses, insulation, and spray foam. It gets its name from its ability to alter shape under pressure but return to its original shape once it is removed. It allows it to adapt to your unique shape and provides additional head and neck support.
- Is memory foam too warm for you?
It’s a frequent misunderstanding that memory foam causes individuals to overheat when they sleep on it. It is because memory foam mattresses are more efficient at retaining body heat than traditional beds. The Outlast and Coolmax covers are also prominent characteristics of the most current generation of these mattresses. As a result, they can regulate the body’s humidity and keep it from overheating.
- Is memory foam a suitable choice for my back?
Memory foam conforms to your body’s curves, allowing you to sleep in a posture that reduces pressure and provides optimal support. The visco-elastic foam mattress adjusts to a person’s body temperature and the downward pressure they apply to it. It provides the mattress’s owner with even support. As a result, they are spared from the high-pressure zones when resting on sprung mattresses. It is just one of the many benefits of a memory foam mattress over a traditional mattress.
- Will dust mites be attracted to my memory foam mattress?
Dust mites can and often do breed in the hollow cores of sprung mattresses. Our memory foam mattresses have a sturdy core. As a result, they’re resistant to dust mites and hypoallergenic, making them excellent for allergy sufferers.
Without question, we can tell that getting a pair of memory foam pillows and enjoying all of the benefits that come with them is a very safe bet. You’re fine to go as long as you remember who should and shouldn’t use these pillows.
Investing in a memory foam pillow and sticking to it can significantly improve the health of your upper body and reduce the risk of severe injuries and sleep disturbances in the future. Invest in your sleep since it affects your health and your productivity at work the next day. We recommend purchasing the appropriate memory foam pillow based on your sleeping habit to improve your sleep quality.